Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wayside

When your wandering takes you to parts unknown, you may wind up on the Wayside. A port town surrounded by a thick white fog, hidden from the rest of the world, just the way the residents like it.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Stumble Inn

Go down 
+2
Number Eight
Melancholy Melanie
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Number Eight
Admin

The Stumble Inn - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Kasei-La shrugged, confused. "I haven't seen a green-haired person since I lived on Venus, sorry. But we'll stick with you until he shows up, alright?" She grinned at her. "Say, do you know if it ever actually gets any darker or lighter here? If not... Maybe we could play ball or something, huh?"

"At this time of... Ugh, nevermind. I haven't seen a green-haired man either, but I will be certain to call you two in if he comes around, alright Wesa, Kasei-La? Just tell me what his name is, so I can pick him out better. I would not be surprised at all if I saw a green haired person who wasn't him, given the situation we're all in."
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:28 pm

"Sometimes it gets darker. But mostly, it stays the same time of day. But I still go through my phases. . . . time is strange here. And his name is Taban. But he probably won't tell you that. He looks like me. But green. And more male-like. Hence the he. I'd say he wears the pants in our relationship, but he doesn't wear pants at all. And I'm kind of the boss. Sometimes. Well, during the latter half of the month."
Back to top Go down
http://wayside.omgforum.net
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 pm

"Alright, Wesa. I'll look out for him. Go have fun." He went into the room with his ship, and tossed them the ball that was inside. "There you go." He sat down, intending to keep an eye out for this 'Taban'

Kasei-La grinned as she caught the ball, and tossed it up into the air once, before heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 pm

"Kay! Thank you!" Wesa laughed and followed Kasei-La out of the door, humming happily to herself.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Kasei-La tossed the ball to Wesa, and then cartwheeled, smiling brightly. "So, Wesa, what's it like where you come from? And, like... Being a moon, and all."
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Wesa tossed the ball back. "Well, where I come from it is very peaceful. No wars or anything like that. No point in having a war if you don't really have a body. And being a moon is okay, I guess. Dying all the time sort of sucks though."
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:47 pm

"Oh... So you die every month? That's terrible!" She blinked, taking it in. "...Wait, how young do you get at the beginning of the month, then? I mean, like, it must be difficult if you became a newborn or something every time the month restarts..."
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 pm

"Oh, it's alright. I always come back. But yeah, as a newborn. Taban takes care of me though."
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:01 pm

Kasei-La tossed the ball high up into the air, causing it to arc towards Wesa "Can you think like yourself when that happens? Can you... Remember anything from that? Or do you like, just... I dunno, wake up during the right phase of the moon and all of a sudden you remember who you are and everything?"
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Wesa catches the ball and shrugs. "A bit of both, really. Sometimes it feels like I am a bit outside of myself during that time." She tossed the ball back.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:08 pm

"Ah, so you're more like a human than me. Us Venusians have a genetic memory thing going for us since the about a month hatched from the egg." She grinned. "Believe me, you're not missing much when you're outside of your body like that." Kasei-La kicked the ball over to Wesa this time.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:09 pm

"Oh, no doubt. It doesn't strike me as a very interesting time of life." She smiled and kicked the ball back as well. She liked this game.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Kasei-La grinned as she kicked the ball up into the air, and bounced it on her knee, before kicking it back. "What happens if you end up on a planet without a moon? Or what about ending up on a moon that has life, but the planet doesn't?"
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Wesa swatted the ball with her tail. "Oh, it doesn't matter. I'm *A* moon, you see. So, while my actual moony self is far away, it doesn't really affect me that much. I'm one of the few aylem that can leave our planet."
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:21 pm

"So your months are just as long as Earth's, then? Well, I guess that makes sense." She giggled, and bounced the ball of her stomach and back to Wesa. "So, since you're spirit like thing, do you know if there is an afterlife for the rest of us? Or did you get shafted and only get to know about your own people?"
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:29 am

"Kinda shafted there. My people die when they choose to die and are born anew. Their personality is sort of. . . recycled." Wesa caught the ball and headbumped it back.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:31 am

"Darnit. I'm talking to a living avatar of a far away moon, and not even SHE knows what death has in store for me. Oh, such is the way of the universe, I suppose." She caught the ball, and tossed it in a ricocheting shot off the sidewalk to Wesa
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 am

Wesa gave the ball a spinning kick. "Sorry. But if you ask me, people create their own gods."
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:44 am

"Eh, there are a lot of omnipotent beings in my universe claiming to be Gods, but Hal says they aren't, some how. He says they're just advanced aliens, or something. I mean, if you're omnipotent, does it really matter where your origins are? You can still create an afterlife and all that. Whenever I ask them about that sort of thing, they just ignore me though, though sometimes they mutter about "ploddowles." Really weird stuff." She hit the ball with her hip, back to Wesa.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:56 am

Wesa caught the ball and nodded sagely. "Ah yes, of course. That makes sense." She bounced the ball back,.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:59 am

Kasei-La caught the ball. "Jeez, how long have we been playing ball for? Half an hour, I guess... Huh." She bounced it back to Wesa. "So, what's your favourite game, then? I mean, we've been playing ball, but I figured if you're as old as a moon, you must have decided on a favourite."
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:02 am

"Oh, it changes based on my age. I like ball at this age. It's fun. " Wesa caught the ball and bounced it back.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:06 am

"Ah, alright... Hopefully you won't be cranky when you get old, huh? That'd be a bummer, you being all grumpy and that." She grinned, and managed to do a flip kick, but still landed on her face. "Mmph. I'm alright..." She got up, and giggled.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:07 am

Wesa giggled and helped her up. "No, not very cranky. Grandmotherly though, sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:10 am

Kasei-La smiled "Well, alright then! I was told there was a school here, and I should go there. Wonder if I will meet anyone interesting... What's always bugged me about humans though, is their preoccupation with sex. I mean, are they really that controlled by instinct that they have to do it so often? I mean, there's not even any sensation... Well, that's what my genetic memories tell me. I'm just worried human boys might lose control of their hormones, or something..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stumble Inn   The Stumble Inn - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Stumble Inn
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayside :: Wayside Tales :: Wayside Town-
Jump to: