Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wayside

When your wandering takes you to parts unknown, you may wind up on the Wayside. A port town surrounded by a thick white fog, hidden from the rest of the world, just the way the residents like it.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favourite Nostalgic TV Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Number Eight
Admin

Favourite Nostalgic TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

Come on, admit it, you all loved the nineties. I was inspired to make this topic by a conversation I was having with Wesa the other day. Of course, the nineties also had some steaming piles of horse-leavings, but hey. I am still totally in love with all those old nineties animes used to peddle Japanese plastic crack to kids, like Digimon, Pokemon (I have all the games. All of them.) and even Beyblade. Of course, my most favourite would still be Dragon Ball Z. Grown men fighting each other at improbably speeds and grunting and groaning like they have both a kidney stone and the worst constipation in the history of fibre? Hellz yeah!
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Pokemon and Dragonball Z, hands down.

Then again though, I rather like the late 80's anime: Akida. It's a movie only, but a really great one. It has a lot of symbolism and is very thought provoking.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:21 pm

You mean Akira? With Tatsuo and so many mindfucks you're sure to have a brain baby?
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Ah, yes. I forgot that the written form is Akira, while the pronounced form is Akida. x.x

Yeah, that's the movie I'm talking about. Tetsuo was a beast in that movie, before he turned into the amorphous blob of nasty and killed the girl he loved, of course.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:56 pm

The motorbike scenes were especially cool, I think.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Most definitely. The best part is when Kaneida jumps on the from of that one dude's cycle and kicks him off of it. It's so BA! Then, he just keeps running....wtf?
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

It's anime dude, it's not all gonna make sense.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm

That's gotta be a record-time response on this board man.

And yeah, I know, but the bikes were going like 60mph! Are you kidding me?

Still, it's an awesome scene. I question why he didn't jack that dude's bike, though.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Because it's an enemy gang. It's like stealing a guy's knife to replace your own prized one. It's not the same.
Back to top Go down
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Baaaaack to the discussion, now. I especially remember shows like Megas XLR, although I was a little older when I saw that. Still, a testamet to the fact that cartoons don't have to suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Nostalgic TV Show   Favourite Nostalgic TV Show Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Nostalgic TV Show
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayside :: Off Topic Chatting :: General Discussion-
Jump to: