Wayside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wayside

When your wandering takes you to parts unknown, you may wind up on the Wayside. A port town surrounded by a thick white fog, hidden from the rest of the world, just the way the residents like it.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Internet Habits of Your Characters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Number Eight
Admin

The Internet Habits of Your Characters Empty
PostSubject: The Internet Habits of Your Characters   The Internet Habits of Your Characters EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm

This is just something I thought up for fun. Essentially, what your characters would do if they had access to the internet.

Hal: He would use the internet casually, not exactly addicted to it thanks to preferring work. He would constantly complain about internet piracy on forums whenever he gets the chance, but not much else beyond that. As a
Spoiler:
, he would use the internet to
Spoiler:
. Other than that, not on much.

Molodi: The kind of girl who is anti-social in meatspace, but enjoys blabbing as much as she can on the internet. Member of loads of forums discussing things ranging from the latest authors to space-jumping efficionados. She would go on Facebook constantly to update her status on why people suck, and would twitter as much as possible to give people an idea on what's going on in her life so she could confirm peopel actually pay attention to her. She would write articles to various sites on the internet like Cracked and the Onion, and would be addicted to TVTropes. Probably the biggest internet user in Wayside.

Kasei-La: The typical preteen girl, she'd be addicted to Neopets and flash game sites, as well as things like Runescape and WoW, despite goign in between them like a hamster with ADD. She would use netspeak, much to everyone's chagrin, and would also end her sentences with way too many emoticons, exclamation marks, and acronyms like "ROFLMAO!!!". Despite this, her internet usage would vary drastically depending on whatever is going on in her life, and might leave a site unattended for months before picking it back up and contributing to it like crack was laced onto the keyboard and the only way to get it out was to post.

Denton: Denton would mostly use the internet for things like documentaries and cheesy movies from the seventies, as well as pirating videogames. When he would talk to people via MSN, he would always be distracted by something else. A bit of a lover boy, he would peruse thigns like Craigs List in the hopes of finding a girl who would find him hot. He also enjoys pranking perverts by turning into a woman, taking hot pictures of himself, and sending them to the guy so he can shapeshift back into a dude some time during the date.

Zippy: Ever the intellectual, Zippy would only use the internet to post his theories on Quantum Physics.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Internet Habits of Your Characters   The Internet Habits of Your Characters EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 pm

R'ioth would call the internet, and computers for that matter, witchcraft and glare at them until they went away.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy Melanie
Admin
Melancholy Melanie

PostSubject: Re: The Internet Habits of Your Characters   The Internet Habits of Your Characters EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 pm

Melanie would probably be on the Darkness.net forums and listening to gothic radio stations. Hahahaha, oh, and writing emo poetry.

Wesa and Taban. . . I don't think they would have any interest in it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://wayside.omgforum.net
Number Eight
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Internet Habits of Your Characters   The Internet Habits of Your Characters EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Heehee, it's good to know I'll always be the one to make the long posts. Razz I guess it's just 'cause I'm adding in thoughts off the top of my head, lawlz. Back to the topic at hand, I actually based these little ideas I made on previous characterizations I made about them (well, not Kasei-La. Having her be a stereotypical preteen nets user was just funny). Molodi was actually addicted to TV and Music back on 1962 Earth, and actually does enjoy talking to people, just not to their face most of the time. For Denton, I just kinda pictured him as the kinda person who would be a net-junky, and sort of a troll. And Hal, well, Hal doesn't seem to me the person who would use the internet more than he really had to.

Oh, lord, I wonder what Molodi would thikn of the Heavy Weapons Guy from Team Fortress Two.

But yeah, this topic is just kind of a place to add in little quirks for your character you feel you wouldn't be able to act out in the RP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Internet Habits of Your Characters   The Internet Habits of Your Characters Empty

Back to top Go down

The Internet Habits of Your Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wayside :: Off Topic Chatting :: General Discussion-
Jump to: